Telehealth helps people get care they need without having to leave home. It protects the most vulnerable and eliminates transportation barriers. That’s why OCI supports telehealth access for all Wisconsinites.
In 2020, OCI conducted a Telehealth Survey of the comprehensive health insurers in Wisconsin to establish a better understanding of the Wisconsin health plans’ experiences and plans regarding the delivery of telehealth in the year 2020.
The questions were designed to gauge and measure:
- services expanded
- technological impediments
- cost controls
- access to providers
- provider resources
- intent to continue expanded telehealth services
- state regulations and statutes perceived as barriers to the delivery of telehealth
- state actions that a company would support or oppose in relation to telehealth
- assistance OCI could provide