Last Updated: November 20, 2020
This guide discusses three types of insurance coverage farm owners need to cover themselves, their families, and employees:
- Health Insurance provides coverage for the medical treatment of sicknesses and injuries. It does not generally provide coverage for work-related injuries.
- Worker's Compensation Insurance provides coverage for work-related injuries including medical treatment and lost wages.
- Disability Income Insurance provides coverage for lost wages because of a short-term or long-term illness or injury. Farmers may purchase disability income insurance for themselves and their employees.
Request a Copy by Mail
If you wish to receive a printed version of this guide by mail, click here or call 1-800-236-8517 to request a copy.
File a Complaint
If you have a specific complaint about your insurance, refer it first to the insurance company or agent involved. If you do not receive satisfactory answers, contact the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI).
- Reach out to OCI (1-800-236-8517, email@example.com) to speak with our staff. If sending an email, please indicate your name and phone number.
- File a complaint with OCI. You can file a complaint online by clicking here. If you would like to file your complaint by mail, you can download a complaint form in English or Español.