Types of Complaints

​​​​Last Updated: March 13, 2023​

You may file a complaint with us if you are unable to resolve a dispute with an insurance company or agent, you have a problem with a pharmacy benefit manager service, or you receive a surprise medical bill. We follow a “no wrong door” policy and will work to make sure your complaint goes to the correct place – within OCI or to another state agency.
If you have questions or problems, you may call​ us toll-free at 1-800-236-8517 (outside of Wisconsin) or 1-608-266-0103 (within Wisconsin) or ask us a general insurance question.​


Insurance Company or Agent Complaint​

Use this complaint form if you are a consumer who has a complaint about an insurance company or an insurance agent.

File an Insurance Complaint

Pharmacy Benefit ​Manager Complaint

Consumers, pharm​acists, and others should use this form if your complaint is related to pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) services.

File a PBM Complaint (Online)
File a PBM Complaint

Surprise Medical Bill​​ Complaint​​

File a​ complaint about a surprise bill from a health ca​re provider or facility that falls under the federal No Surprises ​A​​​ct ​​​.

File a Su​rprise Billing​ Complaint (Online)​ ​File a ​Surprise Billing Complaint