Last Updated: November 20, 2020
Commercial Liability Insurance is the legal responsibility for property damage or bodily injury caused to others. Commercial liability insurance covers you for all or part of damages for liability imposed upon you or your business. It provides coverage for the cost of legal defense when a claim is made against your policy. Without adequate commercial liability coverage, you may have to pay damages and defense costs yourself, possibly causing financial hardship or bankruptcy.
This guide provides basic information on commercial liability insurance:
- a description of commercial liability insurance
- how to shop for this insurance
- your legal protections as a Wisconsin insurance consumer
Request a Copy by Mail
If you wish to receive a printed version of this guide by mail, click here or call 1-800-236-8517 to request a copy.
File a Complaint
If you have a specific complaint about your insurance, refer it first to the insurance company or agent involved. If you do not receive satisfactory answers, contact the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI).
- Reach out to OCI (1-800-236-8517, firstname.lastname@example.org) to speak with our staff. If sending an email, please indicate your name and phone number.
- File a complaint with OCI. You can file a complaint online by clicking here. If you would like to file your complaint by mail, you can download a complaint form in English or Español.