Last Updated: November 3, 2020
Full version of publication: Consumer's Guide to Auto Insurance
Wisconsin drivers are required to have motor vehicle liability insurance in force. Make sure you understand your automobile insurance before you need it. This guide to auto insurance includes information about
- Types and components of auto insurance
- Legal requirements
- Tips when purchasing coverage
- What to do when you’re in an accident
- What to do if you have problems with your insurance company
Request a Copy by Mail
If you wish to receive a printed version of this guide by mail, click here or call 1-800-236-8517 to request a copy.
File a Complaint
If you have a specific complaint about your insurance, refer it first to the insurance company or agent involved. If you do not receive satisfactory answers, contact the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI).
- Reach out to OCI (1-800-236-8517, email@example.com) to speak with our staff. If sending an email, please indicate your name and phone number.
- File a complaint with OCI. You can file a complaint online by clicking here. If you would like to file your complaint by mail, you can download a complaint form in English or Español.