CAC entities in a federal exchange will be federally qualified health centers, hospitals, health care providers, social service agencies, local health departments and Indian Health Services. CAC entities, with the help of individual CACs, will:
- Help consumers fill out electronic and paper applications to establish eligibility for the federal exchange and public assistance programs; and
- Help consumers enroll in coverage on the federal exchange.
Certified Application Counselor Entity Frequently Asked Questions
Please note: Any government entity or anyone working on behalf of a governmental entity is exempt from the state registration requirements.
- Once authorized by the federal exchange to provide CAC assistance, the CAC entity must register with OCI by using the Non-navigator Business Entity Initial Registration form.
- Provide a list of all individual CACs and any other non-navigator assisters it employees, supervises, or is affiliated with.
- Completed application and list of CACs should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide monthly updates, if any, to the list of individual CACs and any other non-navigator assisters it employs, supervises, or is affiliated with.
Reporting Requirement for Non-navigator Assister Entities
By October 1 of each year, non-navigator assister entities must attest to OCI that their non-navigator assisters have completed the required training by submitting the Non-navigator Business Entity Continuing Education Training Attestation and submitting the form via e-mail to email@example.com. Additionally, non-navigator assister entities must maintain documentation verifying that the non-navigator assisters working for or with the entity have completed the continuing education requirement.
This documentation shall consist of the following and is subject to audit by OCI:
- A summary record for each individual listing the course title, date of completion, course hours, mode of delivery (classroom, webinar, etc.) and location of class.
- Certificates of completion or verification of attendance for each course with a signature of the instructor or monitor verifying attendance.
- Course summary, outline or agenda describing the content of the course.