The Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) will process all company appointments electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). The appointment renewal invoice will include all resident/nonresident appointment renewals.
All agents will appear on the renewal list unless the agent was terminated by 5:00 p.m. CST on December 31, 2016.
Agent Appointment Billing will be temporarily unavailable Monday, January 16, 2017, beginning at 4:00 p.m. CST until Thursday, January 19, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. CST due to Wisconsin's conversion to State Based Systems 2016.
IMPORTANT DATES AND CONSIDERATIONS:
- Appointment billing process begins January 11, 2017.
- The appointment invoice and a list of agents associated with the invoice will be available on the NIPR Web site at
www.nipr.com beginning at 8:00 a.m. CST, January 11, 2017, through 5:00 p.m. CDT, March 15, 2017.
- Appointment terminations can only be processed for appointments that are shown as active on the Producer Data Base (PDB) at the time the termination transaction is sent to NIPR.
- NIPR will turn off all appointment and termination transactions on December 31, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. CST. Appointment and termination processing will be turned back on January 11, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. CST. Any transactions submitted during this period will be declined until Gateway processing resumes on January 11, 2017.
The deadline to submit an agent termination is by 5:00 p.m. on December 31, 2016. No reconciliation will be allowed on or after January 1, 2017.
- Companies who had previously qualified for OCI exemption from the electronic appointment process will need to set up an account directly with NIPR or one of their Authorized Business Partners (http://www.nipr.com/index_authorized_business_partners.htm) to submit their appointment transactions.
- If the company fails to pay the renewal appointment invoice by the March 15, 2017, deadline, all agent appointments will automatically be canceled. The company would be required to reappoint the agents.
- If the company fails to pay the initial appointment invoice by the March 15, 2017, deadline, the company could be subject to
NIPR transaction processing fees are non-refundable.
- By using NIPR's electronic appointment renewals, the NIPR invoice will be updated as paid, and the transactions to renew will be forwarded to OCI within 24 business hours.
- NIPR will display the invoices as paid once payment is received.
Appointee Must Hold this license class on PDB:||
License Class PDB/PIN Codes|
|Intermediary (Agent) Individual||9294/9294|
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
Companies with an NAIC Co Code wishing to reconcile their appointments with OCI may obtain a list of agents via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to the appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or
email@example.com for subscription information. You may also utilize the services of an NIPR Authorized Business Partner (http://www.nipr.com/index_authorized_business_partners.htm).
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for OCI appointment renewals must be received by NIPR through the electronic options made available.
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment returned to them.
- Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a return check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible if nonrenewal terminations are incurred during this period.
NIPR Transaction Fees:|
1% of total state fees charged
Example (agents are residents of Wisconsin):
NIPR transaction fee would be 1% of the state appointment renewal fee of $1,600.00 = $16.00
|# of appts: 100||State fee per appt renewal: $16.00||Total state appt renewal fee: $1,600.00|
*NIPR renewal processing fees are based on the number of appointment renewals on the invoice.
|Minimum $5.00/Maximum $1,000.00|
OCI Appointment Renewal Fee|
|January 11, 2017||To||March 15, 2017||Resident $16.00
|The fee is based on whether the agent is a resident or nonresident as reported by Wisconsin PDB data. The fee is not based on the residency of the company.|
Payment Method and other Fees|
|Credit Card||If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express), the process will be entirely electronic. Please note there is a $60,000.00 limit on credit card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000.00, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service. An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print for your records.|
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services.
- If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service, you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
- There is a $25.00 returned check charge for any electronic check that does not clear the applicant's bank. Additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in nonrenewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is made.
|PayPal Account|| |
NIPR transaction processing fees are non-refundable.
Process beginning January 11, 2017, when the electronic invoices are on the Web site:
- Go to
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign in using your company identifiers: company Co Codes, FEIN, and/or company name
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/pay the invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the report
- Download the report as text (delimited)
- Download the report as XML
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process
If you have any questions regarding this new appointment renewal process, contact NIPR Customer Service at