Documents and Records

Last Updated: November 5, 2020

Printable version of publication: Documents and Records

Below is a list of important documents you will need to replace if they have been destroyed. Click the title to view whom to contact about replacement. 

Wisconsin Department of Transportation – Drivers & Vehicles
Contact the issuing authority.
Your insurance agent or company.
Department of Veterans Affairs
1-800-827-1000 or
TTY/TTD 1-800-829-4833
U.S. Department of State – Passport Services
TTY/TTD 1-888-874-7793
Local Social Security Office
TTY/TTD 1-800-325-0778
The issuing companies as soon as possible
MasterCard, contact issuing financial institution
Visa, contact issuing financial institution
American Express, 1-800-528-4800
Discover Card, 1-800-347-2683
TTY/TTD 1-800-347-7449 
 Records department of the area in which the property is located.
Issuing company or your broker.
The IRS Center where filed, your accountant or
Lending institution.
Your health care provider.