Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices
to Hold First Meeting November 20
Madison, Wis. — The first meeting of the Governor's Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices will be held on Wednesday, November 20. The task force was created through Executive Order #39 and is charged with making recommendations for reducing prescription drug prices in Wisconsin. The work of the task force will involve gathering and analyzing data on the development, pricing, distribution, and purchasing of prescription drugs. The task force will also analyze strategies utilized in other states to reduce prescription drug prices and identify opportunities to work with other states and the federal government.
It is estimated that Wisconsin consumers will have spent $1.3 billion on prescription medications in 2019. Nationally, prescription drugs account for 10 percent of all health spending.
- Commissioner of Insurance Mark Afable
- Deputy Commissioner of Insurance Nathan Houdek
- Presenters from the Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Presenters from the National Governors Association
Task Force Members
Inaugural Meeting of the Governor's Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices
Hill Farms State Office Building
4822 Madison Yards Way
Madison, WI 53705
Task Force Meeting - 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Media availability will take place at 9:45 a.m., in the meeting room. Members of the press who wish to tape the meeting should plan to arrive no later than 9: 45 a.m. to set up. Please contact Olivia Hwang with any additional questions.
- Enter the parking ramp (suggested entrance is from Sheboygan Avenue) and take a parking ticket from the parking ticket machine.
- Turn right when you enter the parking ramp to reach the visitor parking stalls.
- The parking ramp pedestrian exit is located on the first floor, on the north side of the ramp (follow the elevator signs / in the direction of Lake Mendota), directly across from the Hill Farms building.
- You will be responsible for paying for parking in the parking ramp.
- Enter via the Main Public Entrance (east side of the building) to directly access the main lobby.
- The Employee Entrance is directly across from the parking ramp. Please follow the sidewalk around to the right to enter through the Main Public Entrance.
- The security personnel located at the front desk should be able to assist you if you get lost.
Created by the Legislature in 1870, Wisconsin's Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) was vested with broad powers to ensure that the insurance industry responsibly and adequately met the insurance needs of Wisconsin citizens. Today, OCI's mission is to lead the way in informing and protecting the public and responding to its insurance needs.