Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Shares Health Insurance Priorities for Biden Administration
Madison, Wis. — Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Mark Afable joined insurance commissioners across the country in submitting a letter to President-elect Joe Biden encouraging his administration to consider several initiatives that would support and strengthen health insurance coverage for more Americans.
Commissioner Afable encourages President-elect Biden to consider prioritizing actions that include:
- Opening a Special Enrollment Period through the federal health insurance marketplace
- Providing clarity on coverage requirements related to COVID-19
- Re-instating necessary ACA coverage protections based on gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Allowing deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) recipients and their families to access coverage and financial assistance through the federal health insurance marketplace
- Increasing enforcement and compliance efforts around mental health parity
“OCI is committed to ensuring access to high quality, affordable health insurance coverage for all Wisconsinites," said Commissioner Afable. “By prioritizing these initiatives at the federal level, President-elect Biden can help us meet our mission."