Last Updated: July 27, 2023
- Nondomestic mergers should mail the following documents to OCI:
- Copy of Articles of Merger that were filed and approved by home state
- Effective date of merger
- Statement of name change or acquisition (if applicable)
- If a name change was involved, amended or restated articles must be included
Payment/check for statutory/retaliatory fee made payable to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance should be sent to:
Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
Attn: Suzanne Vinmans
PO Box 7873
Madison, WI 53707-7873
Questions regarding the above documentation should be directed to Suzanne Vinmans at
Merging company appointments:
Agents appointed with the nonsurviving company will automatically be transferred to the surviving company when the merger is completed in the SBS database.
- Companies may wish to proactively obtain a list of all appointed agents prior to the merger. The list can then be used to confirm that no issues occurred regarding the agents during the merger transaction.
A company cannot accept business directly from any agent or enter into an agency contract with an agent unless the agent is a licensed agent appointed with the company. Any questions regarding appointment requirements should be directed to Agent Licensing at (608) 266-8699 or email@example.com.