As many of you prepare to work remotely, please review the documents linked below. These resources are intended to help you stay connected with your coworkers and access the files you need from home.
Managing Your Desk Phone & Making Conference Calls
Connecting to VPN & Outlook in a Browser
Get Familiar with Skype
Skype for Business will be an important tool for staying in touch with one another. Make sure to familiarize yourself with Skype.
- Skype for Business can be used for holding meetings or conference calls with other Skype for Business users.
- Unless you have been switched to a VOIP phone, you will not be able to make or receive calls from non-Skype for Business users. You will also not be able to set up a Skype for Business meeting with audio conferencing phone numbers.
Below are steps for getting started and information on some Skype for Business features.
- Launch Skype
- Click on Start \ All Programs \ Skype for Business
- After the first launch, Skype for Business will start automatically when you log into Windows
- Skype for Business should sign in automatically. If not, enter your email address and password.
- Below are links to additional training:
Update your RAVE contact information in STAR
- Here's how to update your phone number to allow the State to contact you with any emergency information.
Communicate with your supervisor about any personal travel you have planned
- If you travel to any of the states or countries with community spread of COVID-19, you will not be permitted to return to work for 14 days. Learn more here.
Wisconsin COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
- For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit here.
If you have other questions about working remotely, please email OCIOppsPlanning@wisconsin.gov.