• Administration on Aging (AOA) (www.aoa.gov)
    (312) 353-3141 Phone (Chicago Regional Office)
    (312) 886-8533 Fax
    The Administration on Aging is a federal agency that works in partnership with a network of state units on aging, area agencies on aging, and Native American tribal organizations to assist older persons to remain independent in their homes and communities.

    Regional Office:
    Jim Varpness
    Regional Administrator
    233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 790
    Chicago, IL 60601-5519

  • Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
    (608) 266-1865 General Number
    (608) 267-7371 TTY Phone Number
    An agency of state government, DHS administers a wide variety of programs and services designed to foster healthy, self-reliant individuals and families in Wisconsin. DHS oversees Medicaid, the implementation of long-term care, the regulation of state nursing homes, and numerous other programs that aid and protect the elderly citizens of the state.

    1 W. Wilson Street
    Madison, WI 53702

  • Information and Assistance
    Every county and tribe has an aging unit to help older Wisconsin residents in locating services. Aging units are often referred to as "Commission on Aging," "Aging Resource Center," or "Department on Aging." They can be reached by phone, mail or visiting their office. For more information contact your county/tribal aging unit dhs.wisconsin.gov/aging/contacts/COAGOF.HTM to learn about the services available in your area.