Date: August 7, 2014
For more information contact: J.P. Wieske, Public Information Officer, (608) 266-2493 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Nickel Named to Federal
Advisory Committee on Insurance (FACI)
Madison, WIThe U.S. Department of the Treasury appointed Commissioner Ted Nickel to the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance (FACI).
The FACI serves as an advisory committee to the Federal Insurance Office (FIO). Members are selected for their expertise on insurance issues, as well as representing a broad range of views.
In their advisory role, members will assist FIO in its mission of identifying issues that contribute to systemic risk and monitoring the availability and affordability of insurance in underserved populations.
The members of FACI, including Commissioner Nickel, follow.
- Gary Bhojwani, Chairman of Allianz of America
- Birny Birnbaum, Executive Director, Center for Economic Justice
- Elizabeth Brown, Professor, Georgia State University
- Michael Consedine, Commissioner, Pennsylvania Insurance Department
- Brenda Cude, Professor, University of Georgia
- Jacqueline Cunningham, Commissioner, Virginia Bureau of Insurance
- John Franchini, Superintendent, New Mexico Office of the Superintendent of Insurance
- Loretta Fuller, CEO & CFO, Insurance Solutions Associates
- Nicholas Gerhart, Commissioner, Iowa Insurance Division
- Daniel Glaser, President & CEO, Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chair of the Committee)
- Mark Grier, Vice Chairman, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- David Herzog, EVP & CFO, American International Group, Inc.
- George Keiser, Representative, North Dakota House of Representatives
- James Kelleher, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Scott Kipper, Commissioner, Nevada Division of Insurance
- Benjamin Lawsky, Superintendent, New York Department of Financial Services
- Theodore Mathas, Chairman, President & CEO, New York Life Insurance Company
- Sean McGovern, Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel, Lloyd's of London
- Julie McPeak, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Franklin (Tad) Montross, Chairman, President & CEO, General Re Corporation
- Theodore Nickel, Commissioner, Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance