Types of Property Insured Against Flood Loss

Almost every type of walled and roofed building that is principally above ground and not entirely over water may be insured if it is in a participating community. In most cases, this includes manufactured (i.e., mobile) homes anchored to permanent foundations, but does not include travel trailers or converted buses or vans. Contents of insurable walled and roofed buildings also may be insured under separate coverage.

The contents of a fully enclosed building are also eligible. Commercial structures, multiple family dwellings, and single family residences are also covered for actual cash value less the deductible.