Annuity Sales Supervision Advisory Committee
The Annuity Sales Supervision Advisory Committee is created under s. 15.04 (1) (c), Wis. Stat., for the period August 1, 2007, through April 30, 2009, or until it completes its mission, whichever first occurs. Kim Shaul, Deputy Commissioner, serves as the Committee Chairperson and Kathleen Rivera has taken on the role of Committee Reporter. The Committee work product will be considered in formalizing an administrative rule setting forth the minimum supervisory requirements that annuity writers need to meet in order to sell annuity products in the state of Wisconsin.
The Committee has two representatives from companies selling life insurance, one representative from the Wisconsin Council of Life Insurers (WCLI), two independent financial advisors, one member from the Department of Financial Institutions, one representative of securities dealers, one legislator and one public member.
- Company Members
- Martha Kendler, Northwestern Mutual Life, Milwaukee
- Carla Strauch, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Appleton
- WCLI Member
- Connie O'Connell, WCLI, Madison
- Independent Financial Advisor Members
- John Wheeler, John Patrick Planning Group, Green Bay
- Duwayne Mews, Financial Strategies, Auburndale
- Department of Financial Institutions Member
- Patricia Struck, Department of Financial Institutions, Madison
- Securities Dealer Member
- Scott Borchert, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Minnesota
- Legislative Member
- Representative Frank Lasee, 2nd Assembly district, Green Bay
- Public Members
- Barbara J. Becker, Barbara & Hickey, S.C., Milwaukee
- John Hendrick, Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups, Madison
Note, all of the links below will open in a new window.
Recordings of meetings after July 22, 2008, are available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.